We’ve made some exciting enhancements to enrich the learning experience.
It is our pleasure to introduce Data Strategist, Analytics Consultant and Knowledge Architect, Irina Muhina (Ph.D in AI). Irina will open by providing real world guidance on the fantastic IT career paths and dynamic startup opportunities that exist in today’s global IT market. Irina is a member of the ATG organizing committee, and I’m sure you’ll find her nuanced knowledge of the Data Science space quite riveting. For those seeking inspiration for a Fintech or Mobile startup, highly respected innovator Dr. Emma Navti (Ph.D) will join us on a live WebEx link from London, UK. A Certified Cloud Technology and Mobile Payments Expert, Emma will be walking us through the implementation of a “Digital Banking Platform” on Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. Using this cutting-edge case study, attendees can expect to learn about the business aspects, as well as the underlying server-less, scalable and resilient architecture capable of handling millions of user transactions.
To round off the Fintech theme, our long term friend Richard Boire will be returning to impart some valuable, practical data mining skills aimed at today’s entrepreneur. We all know that Financial Services have been at the forefront in the application of the principles of Data Mining/Data Science in optimizing overall company profitability for the last 40 years. At the same time, the application of data science utilizes a smart four step approach which ultimately can be applied across all industry sectors. Planning to launch a business in the new digital world? Consider the data science impact:
* Data you will collect
* How you need to organize your data
* How you monetize the data you acquire
* What data science tools (AI and machine learning) will you need
* What are the data science skill sets you need In this session, Richard will walk us through a structured data science approach, and outline how it was applied in two financial services sector case studies. —————————————————————
5:30 – 6:00 pm – Arrivals, Networking, Welcome
6:00 – 6:45 pm – Irina Muhina (Ph.D)
– Trends in the data science space
– How to navigate the IT job market and startup ecosystem, and select the right path
6:45 – 7:15 pm – Refreshments, Networking
7:15 – 8:00 pm – Dr. Emmanuel Navti (Ph.D)
– Digital Banking Platform demo (live interactive WebEx from UK)
8:00 – 8:45 pm – Richard Boire (MBA)
– Data Science Implications for Today’s Startups
8:45 – 9:00 pm – Exciting News for 2018:
– IBM Watson block buster event
– ATG trip to Silicon Valley
*** Ticket price: $15
*** Important to know: Pre-payment for this event by paypal only. If you wish to pay cash at reception on the day of the event, you still need to RSVP in advance.
*** Register now as seats are limited.
1) Thanks for your responses to Sampson’s brief survey so far. The results will us shape the ATG knowledge sharing and social networking event landscape for 2018, so if you are yet to respond, please click here (takes 2 mins):
2) If you have any of the skills below, and enjoy the sheer buzz of a startup, please connect:
(a) Digital marketing & brand development
(c) Tech Support (SaaS based stack, no coding)