Big Data may be one of the fastest growing topics in the tech industry to date. In this digital era, now more than ever, businesses are relying heavily on data and analytics in order to grow and succeed.
The challenges of managing and leveraging data will leave few businesses untouched. It is estimated that most medium-sized businesses now maintain over 200 separate, fragmented sources of data in the forms of SaaS tools, databases, and systems. Factor in the continuously evolving tools and technologies, and the recent explosion of artificial intelligence, and it can be hard to keep up.
What you’ll learn:
• How big data is driving the “post-app” era of technology
• The challenges of implementing data governance
• How AI is emerging from the lab and into customer experiences
• The big themes emerging in Big Data
Who should attend:
• This event is a must-see for people working in technology, advanced analytics, data governance, and artificial intelligence. We also welcome business folks with an interest in learning more about what being “data lead” really means. As well as any tech enthusiasts who simply just want to learn more about the topic!
• Join us on Thursday, July 11th from 6-9PM in the 5th-floor event space at Workaus Commerce Court (30 Wellington St. W.) to gain insight on the latest thinking on Big Data. There will be complimentary food and drinks for everyone!
• 6:00 – 7:00 pm: Check-In, Networking, Food & Drinks
• 7:00 – 8:00 pm: Tech Talk
• 8:00 – 8:15 pm: Q&A Session
• 8:15 – 9:00 pm: More Networking
• 9:00 pm: Event Concludes
— Moderator & Speakers —
• Kishawna Peck, Founder, Toronto Women in Data Science
• Rosario Cartagena, Chief Privacy and Legal Officer, ICES
• Karthik Balakrishnan, CTO, Wysdom.AI
• Sam Lightstone, CTO, IBM
• Sascha Darius Mojtahedi, CEO, Bunz
• Isabel Freire, Strategic Partnerships Lead, Tech Nordic Advocates and
Member, Board of Directors, AIOT Canada
— Sponsors & Partners —
• Workhaus (www.workhaus.ca) is a collection of co-working spaces born and bred in the 6ix. From freelancer to Fortune 500, join our vibrant community at one of our six downtown locations.
• Chase Your Drink (https://chaseyourdrinks.com/) is a guilt-free cocktail mixer that combats your hangover.